The Library is the lighthouse for information dissemination, which is an important component of any educational institution. It is the hub of the teaching and learning activities where students, teachers and researchers can explore the vast resources of information. The present age is regarded as the age of information and information has become commodity in the present day context of information explosion and we are living in the information society. Central Library, Kamrup College, Chamata was born with the establishment of the Institute. Over the years, the library has growth in strength in providing the services to its constituents the students and the faculty. The Library is the main resources centre of the Institute providing a conductive environment for learning. It provides maximum facilities to the students, faculty for their own studies, research, training and consultancy activities. It is also place where recorded knowledge is collected, classified, organized, disseminated and preserved systematically. The total collection in the the Central Library, Kamrup College, Chamata by the end of March, 2014 at 30,560 books and 21 Periodicals, 6 Newspapers..
- To acquire useful documents and information by using library techniques and information technologies.
- To give circulation and dissemination of information facilities.
- To preserve and conserve of the documents procured in the library for posterior use.
The Hours Of Opening
The Library shall be kept open on 10.00 A.M. to 4.00 P.M. the issue counter shall be closed 1 hour before the closing of the library.
The following are entitled to enroll themselves as members-
- Teaching and Non-Teaching Staffs.
- Research Scholars.
Each member shall be given as many readers tickets as many volume of books he is entitled to borrow book at one time.
- B.A. All Semester Students (Major) = 3 Books
- B.A. All Semester Students (General) = 2 Books
- H.S.1st and 2nd Year Students = 2 Books
- Book Bank Facilities (Poor Students) = 2 Books
- Teaching Staff = 20 Books
- Non-Teaching Staff = 5 Books
The readers will have to obtain non-transferable readers tickets for using the library and they will have to produce the same on the demand.
- The readers will have to put his/her signature in the register kept at the checkpoint at the entry gate.
- Books, journals are not to be removed from their respective places.
- The readers are not allowed to put the documents from one shelf to another shelf.
- No refreshments of FOODSTUFF will be allowed inside the library.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in and around the library.
- Use of Mobile Phones are strictly prohibited inside and backside of the library.
- Suggestions for purchase of books/journals or library improvement are welcome.
- Marking on the Books/Journals is strictly prohibited.
- Cost of any damage to the books/materials will be realized from the present user. Therefore, the readers are requested to check the books before issuing.
- Violation of library rules or misconduct on the part of the users will lead to withdrawal of the library facilities.